Turkey burgers show up on our dinner menu pretty frequently, and these Asian Turkey Burgers are one of our favorites.
Ground turkey can be bland by itself, but these burgers definitely deliver on flavor. The turkey is infused with Asian seasonings of soy and hoisin sauces, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. These ingredients not only add a punch of flavor but also keep the burgers moist.
When I grill these burgers outside, I prefer using a grill mat. It helps the burgers stay intact. When I cook these indoors, I use a cast iron skillet. The burgers are delicious both ways.
I like to serve these with red onion and slices of avocado. Topping with a slice of pepper jack cheese is a nice option as well.
I hope these Asian turkey burgers make it onto your dinner menu soon.
For another turkey burger option, try my BBQ-Onion Turkey Burgers.
Asian Turkey Burgers
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- red onion, sliced, for topping
- avodado, sliced, for topping
- Add the turkey to a mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and Chinese 5 spice powder. Mix the turkey and seasonings until just combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Over medium heat, grill the burgers for 6-7 minutes per side, until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Serve on toasted buns and garnish with red onion and avocado.